HOLIDAY EXCHANGE IS NOW CLOSED! THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST! If you joined, watch your email for news – and check back at threeifbyspace.net to see what everyone got!
As much as I dislike Christmas and holiday stuff in the stores before Halloween, sometimes you just have to go there. So I will – how would you like to exchange gifts with me?
Well, not necessarily with ME – but with other Outlander-obsessed fans who get it – who really get it? This is your invitation to join the first Outlander Holiday Gift Exchange that goes across fan groups and includes anyone who would like to participate. This is open to Outlander fans worldwide, but if you prefer not to mail outside of your own country, you can indicate that and we’ll give you a recipient closer to home. You’ll register, and I’ll give you the name and address of another Outlander fan to whom you will mail a nice Outlander-connected gift of some kind – handmade or storebought (in the $15-$20 range). You should then receive a gift from someone else who is also registered for the Exchange. And … three people who register will also receive a special gift from me as well!
Here are the details and the how-tos:
1. Register for the gift exchange by October 25 by emailing me at email@example.com. Please include all of this information:
- email address
- age (or age range, at least)
- indicate if you are willing to mail a gift outside of your home country
- names of any major fan groups you belong to (Heughligans, Caitriots, Outlander Series, a local group – this is really just for my information)
- Your favorite Outlander book and/or character
2. Shortly after October 25, you will receive an email from me (or another TiBS writer – we now have four Outlander fans writing for the site, and I may need help) with the details about the person you will send a gift to. You’ll shop and wrap and have a fun time. Anything Outlander related, except sized clothing, is terrific – if it’s something you would be pleased to receive, it’s a great gift. (Cute as they are, please don’t send t-shirts or any other sized clothing, to avoid a disappointed recipient.) Jewelry, picture frames, books, edibles (not home-made, please), hand-knitted items, ornaments – use your imagination!
3. Mail off your gift by November 20, so it will arrive by the holidays – sooner if you are mailing to a country you don’t live in.
4. Once you receive your gift, send your Outlander Santa a nice thank-you note, and email me (to the same address) a picture of what you got! I’ll publish as many as I can.
I’ll select three Exchangers in a random drawing, and send off a small gift from Threeifbyspace as a thank-you for participating!
Follow me on Twitter: @ErinConrad2
Subscribe to threeifbyspace.net or “like” us on Facebook for instant notice of new posts!