Ooh boy, this announcement sure does have me EXCITED! Mr. Mercedes is making quite the appearance at San Diego Comic Con next month – with both an offsite experience AND a Thursday night panel! Gearing up for it’s 2nd season, this hit show will be quite popular at SDCC – so plan accordingly if you want in on all the Mr. Mercedes fun!
The Mr. Mercedes Experience:
“The “Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience” will give fans a glimpse into the past and a peek into the future of the AT&T AUDIENCE Network original series based on the trilogy by Stephen King. Fans can be the first to play the virtual reality (VR) escape room game, “Mr. Mercedes: Lair Escape,” on the HTC Vive Pro – the next generation of VR headsets. In the “Mr. Mercedes: Finders Keepers” augmented reality (AR) adventure game, they’ll collect clues to unlock never-before-seen content and special prizes.” The “Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience” will include:
- Augmented Reality Adventure Game – Download the app to embark on an AR-driven investigation helping Detective Bill Hodges crack the case and claim a reward if you succeed.
- Virtual Reality Escape Room Game – Be fully immersed in a virtual escape room inside Brady’s lair. Escape before time runs out or you’re trapped forever!
- Recreating the Physical World of “Mr. Mercedes” – The show’s set designers are recreating Finders Keepers, Mercy General Hospital and Brady’s lair using actual props.
- Bringing Brady to Life Through Projection Mapping – 3-D light projection will creepily bring Brady to life in his hospital bed. Is he in a coma or did you just see him move?
- Lenticular Photo Experience – This photo op will transform the participant’s face into Brady’s along with a socially shareable GIF.
- Private Screening Room – Media, VIP and lucky fans will get the chance to watch a sneak peek of season 2.
For your chance at a commemorative pin and to win a fast-pass to the experience, RSVP by Clicking Here!
The Mr. Mercedes panel will be held on Thursday, July 19 from 8-9pm in Room 7AB. No word yet on if any of the cast will be at the panel – but you can guarantee that I will be there! Considering just how star-studded the cast for Mr. Mercedes is, if any of the cast make an appearance we are all in for a treat! Returning cast for Season 2 includes star Brendan Gleeson as Bill Hodges, Harry Treadaway as Brady Hartsfield, Jharrel Jerome as Jerome Robinson, Scott Lawrence as Detective Peter Dixon, Breeda Wool as Lou Linklatter, Justine Lupe as Holly Gibney and Holland Taylor as Ida Silver. Mr. Mercedes Season 2 will premiere on August 22nd on Audience Network – so there is no telling what could happen at the San Diego Comic Con panel ahead of it’s premiere. With the immersive offsite offering a season 2 sneak peak for lucky fans and an AR/VR creative experience one thing is clear – Mr. Mercedes is set to take San Diego Comic Con by storm and please the fans (old and new alike).
Have you RSVP’d for the Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience yet? Who would you love to see on the panel? Id’ love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below or find me on social media.
Like this article? Share it with your friends using our social share buttons found both on the left and at the top.
Subscribe to Three If By Space to keep up with all the latest posts. It’s super easy! All you have to do is click on the big, blue “Subscribe” button located in the right column near the bottom of each post.
Stay connected: Follow @ThreeIfBySpace on Twitter and for all the latest on San Diego Comic-Con or Mr. Mercedes follow me (@CONtessa_966), too! Find us at the convention this July and say hello!