Sadly there’s also a new feel in our real world, our sorrow on the passing yesterday of Scott Wilson, the Dead’s beloved Hershel Greene. Three if By Space extends our condolences to Scott’s wife Heavenly Koh Wilson adn to all who loved him.
After the announcement of Scott’s passing, heartfelt tributes from around the world filled social media feeds, posted by “The Walking Dead” family and fans and many others such as Mark Hamill. Scott and Hershel will remain in our hearts and we’ll see Hershel again in Season 9 as Scott had already filmed his appearance.
Other characters will also make a reappearance including Shane and Sasha. The context remains a closely guarded secret for now.
AMC promotions have been hot and heavy. In fact, I think they’ve done the best PR job of any of my favorite TV shows. They’ve shown us that Negan is incarcerated and a shaky alliance is forming. Here’s a taste of some of their social media buzz…
- New World. New Order.
- New Boss. New Rules.
- What is Anne (fka Jadis) REALLY up to?
- Will Daryl murder a guy with a cooking pot?
- Sunday is Jesus’ day.
- It’s a long road to rebuild the kingdom.
- Take the future you’re given – or fight for the one you want.
I don’t think for one second, though, that Negan is down for the count. This season may just be the best yet, filled with everything a good story needs.
Lookout, Negan. I wouldn’t bet against Maggie or Michonne or Carol!
- Brett Butler as Tammy Rose – A salt-of-the-earth resident at Hilltop.
- John Finn as Earl – Hilltop’s blacksmith and Tammy Rose’s devoted husband.
- Rhys Coiro as Jed – A rebellious Savior who refuses to fall in line.
- Dan Fogler as Luke – A fatigued survivor who understands there is safety in numbers.
- Angel Theory as Kelly – Connie’s ever-alert and ever-protective sister.
Yes, we’ll be saying hello to new characters and, inevitably, there will also be goodbyes this season, and not just to the Walkers. We all know that it will be the last season for Rick and Maggie, right? Although I haven’t heard much about Lauren Cohan’s departure, Andy Lincoln has talked openly and emotionally at conventions and on social media about leaving the show. Then there was a little snippet about him returning in a Dead movie. As he said, “he’s not done with Rick Grimes.” Fingers crossed, Andy!
Well, it’s finally time to prepare for the Season 9 premiere. Get the popcorn popped and the drinks lined up. Zach McGowan, I’ll be looking for you!
Follow me on Twitter: @KarenABQNM and @threeifbyspace
Like us on Facebook or Subscribe for instant notice of new posts.
Share this article using our Social Share buttons above.