Anime has a passionate group of fans. There isn’t a single topic in the genre that isn’t passionate in one direction or the other. Whether it’s subs versus dubs or who the best hero is for a given show, fans love to debate. Crunchyroll has partnered with Omelet to launch the anime streaming service’s new brand campaign, Stay Crunchy, a dedication to the extraordinary and inclusive anime community.
Crunchyroll’s “mascot” Hime punctuates the message of the hero film by coming to life as an animated character for the first time. A valued member of the Crunchyroll community in her own right, with endless fan art and a huge fan base, Hime is the perfect voice to offer words of empowerment to our community, encouraging fans to “Stay Crunchy.”
“Stay Crunchy” production partners include:
- Taichi Kimura of Caviar Content, who infuses his work with a mix of Japanese and UK culture, directed our film.
- The animation team behind the variety of anime in the film represents iconic animators and fresh talent, who combined all of their individual styles to achieve the final visual look for the film. Lead Animators include:
- Rapparu “Kanamewo”, “Crystal Cloud” – Tunnel, Swimming, Football, Cosplay
- Mai Yoneyama – “Darling in the Franxx”, “Kill la Kill”, “Sword Art Online” – Hime Character Design
- Hime Animation – Kengo Saito
- NAZONOANIMEDAN – “Re:Zero”, “Dog Days”
- 47℃ – “Yuru Yuri”, “Cinderella Girls”, “Encouragement of Climb”, as well as additional Japanese artists
- Animation Producer – Takuma Hiramatsu
- Animation Production Manager – Masato Nakazono
- Composer – Yutaka Yamada
- Soccer – Koya58
- Composite – Fukkunmania
- Yutaka Yamada scored the film. He has written scores for more than 40 projects including for hit anime series “Tokyo Ghoul” and “Marumo no Okite”.
- We worked with Lionel Lum, a fan who builds 1:1 ratio replica vehicles, to build a real life wheelchair replica of the Lagann mecha from Gurren Lagann.
And for the first time ever, Crunchyroll members will be able to share their personalized anime series recommendations with the new Crunchy Mix digital tool.
We took inspiration from the art of the mixtape – a personal gift, crafted with care that can be sent to individuals or posted for all of a users friends to enjoy. And because anime fans love to share and welcome people into the genre, we created a digital engagement platform that allows them to create bespoke “mixes” tailor made to the personalities and interests of their friends.
Whether it’s heightening someone’s love for anime or opening a door for someone brand new to the genre, Crunchy Mix is a tool for the fans to show their friends that there’s something for everyone in the accessible and diverse world of anime.
Crunchy Mix will be live through the Crunchyroll platform at the end of December 2018.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest anime library, with over 45 million registered users and 2 million subscribers with 360-degree content experiences. Crunchyroll is the #9 SVOD globally. Did you know these facts about Crunchyroll?
Over 45M registered users
Over 12M monthly active users
Over 2M subscribers globally (Top-10 global SVOD)
27M social followers
Simultaneous translation into 8 languages
World’s largest anime collection, with 1000+ titles, 30,000+ episodes
Average premium user watches 45 minutes/day
Over 50 licensees supporting retailers globally