Doctor Who is back at San Diego Comic Con and BBC is bringing a lot of exciting stuff! When Con-goers visit the BBC America booth they will be greeted with VR, new merch, and more! Check out BBC America’s booth 4129 all SDCC long!
The VR experience is taking over SDCC this year. It seems as though a lot of booths are taking advantage of the new tech. BBC is no different! The Doctor Who: The Edge of Time VR Experience is a little taste of the game that is set to release in September of this year. According to the press release the VR experience “…will transport fans into a globally-beloved world of monsters and aliens, mystery and wonder…” it will be a fully interactive experience! It seems like it’s going to be a lot of fun, but get to the booth early to grab your spot in line!
The BBC America booth will also have some signings happening through the weekend!
Kelly Yates will be at the BBC AMERICA booth on Thursday, July 18 and Saturday July 20 from 2:00pm-3:00pm.
Richard Dinnick will be at the BBC AMERICA booth on Friday, July 19 and Sunday, July 21 from 2:00pm-3:00pm.
It wouldn’t be SDCC without exclusives! Below is the list via the BBC America press release:
- Funko POP! Figurine: Pting (Retail: $15.00)
- 3” Thirteenth Doctor TITAN Figurine (Retail: $10.00)
- 3” Thirteenth Doctor & Materializing TARDIS Kawaii Figurine (Retail: $20.00)
- Team TARDIS Hoodie (Retail: $50.00)
- Thirteenth Doctor and TARDIS Kawaii T-Shirt (Retail: $25.00)
- TARDIS Rainbow Galaxy T-Shirt (Retail: $25.00)
- Team TARDIS Kawaii Mug (Retail: $15.00)
- Blue TARDIS Tumbler (Retail: $20.00)
- Rainbow Fleece Pullover (Retail: $45.00) – BBC Shop exclusive
- POLICE BOX Pants (Retail: $45.00) – BBC Shop exclusive
SDCC will also host some First-To Market merch too!
- Fan Art T-Shirt: Winner Design (Retail: $25.00)
- Fan Art T-Shirt: Runner-Up Design 1 (Retail: $25.00)
- Runner-Up Design 2 (Retail: $25.00)
- Fan Art T-Shirt: Runner-Up Design 3 (Retail: $25.00)
- Runner-Up Design 4 (Retail: $25.00)
- Noodle Bowl with Chopsticks (Retail: $10.00)
- Thirteenth Doctor and TARDIS Enamel Pin Set (Retail: $15.00)
- Pting Enamel Pin (Retail: $5.00)
- TARDIS and Dalek Steampunk Tattoos (Retail: $5.00)
- Thirteenth Doctor Costume Mini Backpack (Retail: $65.00)
- Thirteenth Doctor Costume Wallet (Retail: $35.00)
There is currently a Fan Art contest happening, check out the press release info!
“Check out @BritiansBest and @doctorwhoshop for timing and countdown information, as well as reveals of the winning artwork. And then visit the BBC AMERICA booth daily to purchase exclusive shirts featuring the winning designs.
- Thursday, July 18: Runners up announced
- Friday, July 19: Runners up announced
- Saturday, July 20: Grand prize winner”
Last but not least
“Join the Family!
At the BBC AMERICA booth, scan your badge, and receive an exclusive Doctor Who button plus enter for your chance to win a daily giveaway. Come back each day to collect all five pins.”
All of these sound exciting and if you’re a Doctor Who fan I highly suggest you check out the BBC America booth during SDCC!
For more SDCC coverage