This just in! Today at noon, Sony launched The Outlander Collector, a new way to connect with Outlander fans through a new online community. The Outlander Collector will carry content from several different groups, and interact with fans across several platforms.
Three Outlander divisions have joined forces to focus on Outlander products and more, so they can have a direct relationship with the fan base. This will help and enhance our Outlander experience, I think, especially given the issues we had in the past year with unresolved questions about promotional use vs. copyright. It will give us a forum to communicate when we have questions about new releases, according to my source, from Sony’s marketing department.
The content strategy is to have 25% be product related, and the other 75% host some social content – special features, watch party sessions, highlighting fans and fanclubs, spotlighting Outlander collections, monthly product giveaways, discount deals, and influencer content. We all know that Outlander has the most dynamic fanbase around – this new Sony venture should give us a better partnership with the show!
Be the FIRST to know about all things Outlander: products, updates, content, giveaways and more! pic.twitter.com/7pz6TShjA2
— The Outlander Collector (@Outlanderclctr) September 7, 2018
I’m particularly excited about this, because if you’ve followed my coverage over the last few years, I’ve focused a lot on the merchandise, both official and fan-made, and have often said that I think there’s so much more that can be done. In fact, in last week’s Gab newsletter, I ran a poll asking you about what you’re looking for in higher-end Outlander-inspired items. Here are the results, which I’ve shared with my contact at Sony.
Beyond any new merchandise that may come out, the planned content all sounds very exciting! The groups participating in the new venture include:
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment – Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Download,
- Sony Pictures Consumer Products – All official Outlander Licensed Products
- Madison Gate Records – All Soundtrack Products
- Random House Publishing
The website for the new venture is really still under construction, but hopefully there will be a lot going up there soon. You can check it out now, and bookmark it: www.theoutlandercollector.com. The new Twitter account is @Outlanderclctr, on Instagram as Theoutlandercollector, and the Facebook page is The Outlander Collector. I’ll have more information next week, but I wanted to get the basics out to you immediately!
What do you think about this new venture? What sounds exciting? I’ll relay all comments to Sony!
Follow me on Twitter: @OutlanderTIBS, @ErinConrad2 and @threeifbyspace
Join our new Facebook group – Outlandishly Three If By Space!
Subscribe to get instant notice of new posts
Share this article using our Social Share buttons above!